Anyone who does fitness would like to gain muscle mass and “burn” fat at the same time. Most men who train usually want to reduce their waist circumference and increase the size of their arms at the same time. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to achieve.
The increase in muscle mass is called Anabolism. And the “burning” of fat is just the opposite – Catabolism. These two conditions are completely different. In other words, your body can be either in a state of anabolism or catabolism. Either you “burn fat” or you gain muscle mass.
We will offer you an option in which you will not drastically increase muscle mass, nor will you “burn fat”, but on the other hand the two processes will go hand in hand. Now we will present you a training program with the help of which you can achieve your goal. In addition to a training program, you must follow a proper diet.
Recommendations and guidelines
- Warm up – before the start of each workout, warm up for 5-10 minutes on an exercise bike and 4-5 minutes for warming up the wrists, elbows, shoulders, knees and hips. Rest for a minute, a minute and a half between sets and 2 minutes between exercises. Do 1-2 warm-up sets before starting work.
- Execution technique – start with basic exercises that are easier to perform and the chance of injury is lower. If you do not know how to perform any of the exercises, click on it and you will receive additional information. Do not get carried away with heavy weights, first learn how to perform the exercises correctly and then increase the weight. Stretch after each workout. This will help you recover faster and more efficiently and give you better flexibility in your muscles and joints.
- Increase the weights gradually– A big mistake for most trainees is that they carry heavier weights and the chance of injury is very high. Now I will explain to you what determines whether to increase the weight or decrease it, ie. how to adjust your workload. If you have to perform ten repetitions of a given weight on a program, and you can easily do thirteen repetitions with a good technique of execution, this means that you can increase the workload. But if you do eight reps instead of ten, then you need to reduce the weight. The idea is to perform the last two repetitions with difficulty and not to spoil the technique of execution. If a program tells you to do eight reps for a series and you do just that and the last two are hard, but all with good technique, then that’s your weight and don’t change it.
- Recover – as you know our muscles grow while we rest. Therefore, the harder we train, the better we should rest. Try to sleep 8-9 hours a night. In addition to sleep, you also need good food. To achieve your goal more easily, no matter what it is, you need to eat healthy. You need to follow a diet that is right for you .
Short description of the training program
- Main goal: increase muscle mass and burn fat
- Type of training: Split
- Training level: intermediate
- Days of the week: five
- Necessary equipment: lever, dumbbells, cables, EZ lever, machines
- Gender: men and women
Explanations of the training program
- This five-day workout program is designed so that we gain muscle on our own and burn fat at the same time. Cardio is done every morning on an empty stomach and in the evening it is time for strength training.
- Before each basic exercise, do two warm-up sets. The first with a very light weight, and the second with a weight of about 50% of the first working series.
- Do low-intensity cardio every morning on an empty stomach for 1 hour. If you can’t in the morning, do it right after strength training. Start with 30 minutes and monitor your progress.
- Do abdominal and buttocks 2-3 times a week after a cardio workout. Once the abdomen, and the next day the seat and again.
- Rest a bit between the series itself. For large muscles rough per minute, and for smaller 30-40 seconds.
Explanations of abdominal training
As mentioned above, the abdomen should be trained 2-3 times a week before or after each cardio workout. One workout you can do the three exercises one after the other without a break between them like a giant series, and the other you can do them separately, finish with one and then start the other exercise. Perform the following exercises:
|Prayer (Cable Crunch)||4||15|
|Abdominal presses with weight (Crunches)||4||15|
|Knees Raise (Legs Raise)||4||15|
- First day – chest, cardio + abdomen
- Second day – back, trapeze, cardio + seat
- Third day – rest
- Fourth day – thighs and calves
- Fifth day – shoulders, trapeze, cardio + abdomen
- Sixth day – triceps, biceps, forearm, cardio + buttocks
- Seventh day – rest
Program for the first day
- Ejection of a barbell from a semi-leg – 4 series of 15/12/10/8 repetitions
- Half-leg flys – 4 sets of 10 repetitions
- Ejection of the barbell from the leg – 4 series of 12/10/8/8 repetitions
- Buckets – 4 series to failure
Program for the second day
- Recruits – 4 series to failure
- Barbell rowing – 4 sets of 15/12/10/10 repetitions
- Rowing with dumbbell – 4 sets of repetitions 12/10/10/8
- Lower violin – 4 sets of 10 repetitions
- Upper pullover sweater – 4 sets of 10 repetitions
Program for the fourth day
- Barbell squats – 5 sets of 15/12/10/10/10 repetitions
- Leg lay – 3 series of 12/10/10 repetitions
- Thigh extension – 4 sets of 12/10/10/8 repetitions
- Thigh flexion – 4 sets of 12/10/10/8 repetitions
- Folding abductor machine – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Lifting fingers on a journeyman – 4 sets of 12-15 repetitions
- Lifting fingers from a seat – 4 sets of 15 repetitions
|Related article : Four-week fitness training program for beginners|
Program for the fifth day
- Shoulder presses with dumbbells – 4 series of 12/10/8/8 repetitions
- Opening the arms to the side of the lower pulley – 3 sets of 10/8/8 repetitions
- Helicopter – 3 series of 10/8/8 repetitions
- Bringing the arms forward with a disc – 4 sets of 12/10/8/8 repetitions
- Unfolding sideways with dumbbells for the back arm of the bench – 4 sets of 12/10/8/8 repetitions
- Pushing for the back shoulder from a peck deck machine – 3 sets of 10/8/8 repetitions
- Trapezoidal shoulder lift with dumbbells – 3 sets of 10/8/8 repetitions
Program for the sixth day
- French – 4 series of 12/10/10/10 repetitions
- Biceps flexion with standing barbell – 4 sets of 12/10/10/10 repetitions
- Expanding the dumbbell behind the head – 4 sets of 12/10/10/8 repetitions
- Cross hammer folding with dumbbells – 4 sets of 12/10/10/8 repetitions
- Kick-back – 4 series of 12/10/10/8 repetitions
- Concentrated folding – 4 sets of 12/10/10/8 repetitions
- Folding for forearms with a barbell – 4 sets of 10 repetition